Lynn Adam is frequently called upon to comment on healthcare enforcement and compliance issues and whistleblower legal developments.
Patient Referrals and Compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS), Healthcare Training Leader Webinar (May 2023)(May 2023)
AKS enforcement activity is hotter than ever. We discuss risk areas and best practices to steer clear of problematic patient referrals.
Compliance Issues for Healthcare Organizations, Fundamentals of Health Care Law, State Bar of Georgia (January 2023)January 2023 | Speaker
Deep dive into the elements of an effective compliance program, legal issues for healthcare organizations, and compliance resources.
The Role of Sub-Regulatory Guidance in Healthcare Compliance and Enforcement Actions, by Lynn M. Adam and Daniel J. Hettich, Health Law Handbook, 2022 Edition. © Thomson Reuters, Alice G. Gosfield, Editor.December 2022
In this chapter of the Health Law Handbook, we examine the prominent role of sub-regulatory guidance in healthcare enforcement actions, compliance inquiries, and reimbursement disputes. The Health Law Handbook is available from Thomson Reuters by calling 1-800-328-4880 or visit www.legalsolutions.thomsonreuters.com.
Author, Sub-Regulatory Guidance in Enforcement Actions, AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum, national conference (September 2021)September 2021
White paper on FCA actions based on sub-regulatory guidance, presented at AHLA Fraud and Compliance Forum.
All About Healthcare2023
Adam Law represents physicians, health systems, and other healthcare professionals in compliance matters such as internal reviews, investigations, and audits; regulatory advice; billing and coding; subpoena response; overpayment analysis; telemedicine regulations; physician contracts; and compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, and False Claims Act. We also represent whistleblowers, including many physicians and other practitioners, in actions to report and recover taxpayer funds lost through Medicare fraud.
- Assisted a large health system in identifying, reporting and returning overpayments to federal healthcare programs
- Assisted a large health system in responding to a subpoena for documents and assessing issues under the federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Represented a physician practice in developing its compliance program and providing billing and coding advice relating to specific services
- Represented several physicians in negotiating contracts and responding to government audits
- Represented multiple whistleblowers in qui tam litigation under the False Claims Act in matters involving the Anti-Kickback Statute, clinical lab billing, exclusion, the Stark Law, medical necessity, Medicare Part B, the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Benefit Program, and other federal healthcare programs
Year In Review (2022)December 2022
Thanks to our wonderful clients and friends of the firm, Adam Law had another great year in 2022! Like national trends, the firm observed active enforcement of the Anti-Kickback Statute, increased emphasis on provider self-disclosures, and continuing coding and billing issues for physicians and ancillary services.
TeamIn 2022, Adam Law was excited to welcome our experienced litigator Anna Strandberg as counsel, our talented paralegal Paula Hemphill, and our outstanding project manager Olivia Street. Together, we represented health systems, physicians, and whistleblower clients throughout the year.
Ms. Adam was grateful for the opportunity to continue speaking and writing on healthcare topics in 2022:
In 2022, the firm was proud to continue its commitment to the Atlanta Community Food Bank which provides essential meals for needy families throughout Atlanta and north Georgia. In the Spring, Adam Law sponsored the “Georgia Food Frenzy” fundraiser and is pleased to donate again at year end. Donations to Atlanta Community Food Bank can be made here: https://www.acfb.org
- Publication: Lynn M. Adam and Daniel J. Hettich, “The Role of Sub-Regulatory Guidance in Healthcare Compliance and Enforcement Actions,” Health Law Handbook (2022), Alice G. Gosfield, Editor, © Thomson Reuters. A copy of our book chapter is available upon request (email@example.com).
- Speaker: Compliance Issues for Healthcare Organizations, State Bar of Georgia, Fundamentals of Health Care Law CLE (February 2022)
- Speaker: Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Compliance, Webinar, Healthcare Training Leader (September 2022)
- Speaker: Sub-Regulatory Guidance In Fraud and Compliance Actions — Allina and Other Recent Developments, 2022 Fraud and Compliance Forum, American Health Law Association (live in Baltimore) (October 2022)
As we reflect with gratitude on a successful year, we also look forward with excitement to the new year, and to seeing you soon!