Thanks to our wonderful clients and friends of the firm, Adam Law had another great year in 2022! Like national trends, the firm observed active enforcement of the Anti-Kickback Statute, increased emphasis on provider self-disclosures, and continuing coding and billing issues for physicians and ancillary services.
Ms. Adam was grateful for the opportunity to continue speaking and writing on healthcare topics in 2022:
- Publication: Lynn M. Adam and Daniel J. Hettich, “The Role of Sub-Regulatory Guidance in Healthcare Compliance and Enforcement Actions,” Health Law Handbook (2022), Alice G. Gosfield, Editor, © Thomson Reuters. A copy of our book chapter is available upon request (email@example.com).
- Speaker: Compliance Issues for Healthcare Organizations, State Bar of Georgia, Fundamentals of Health Care Law CLE (February 2022)
- Speaker: Durable Medical Equipment (DME) Compliance, Webinar, Healthcare Training Leader (September 2022)
- Speaker: Sub-Regulatory Guidance In Fraud and Compliance Actions — Allina and Other Recent Developments, 2022 Fraud and Compliance Forum, American Health Law Association (live in Baltimore) (October 2022)
As we reflect with gratitude on a successful year, we also look forward with excitement to the new year, and to seeing you soon!
- Assisted a large health system in identifying, reporting and returning overpayments to federal healthcare programs
- Assisted a large health system in responding to a subpoena for documents and assessing issues under the federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Represented a physician practice in developing its compliance program and providing billing and coding advice relating to specific services
- Represented several physicians in negotiating contracts and responding to government auditors
- Represented multiple whistleblowers in qui tam litigation under the False Claims Act in matters involving the Anti-Kickback Statute, clinical lab billing, exclusion, the Stark Law, medical necessity, Medicare Part B, the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Benefit Program, and other federal healthcare programs