Adam Law represents physicians, health systems, and other healthcare professionals in compliance matters such as internal reviews, investigations, and audits; regulatory advice; billing and coding; subpoena response; overpayment analysis; telemedicine regulations; physician contracts; and compliance with the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, and False Claims Act. We also represent whistleblowers, including many physicians and other practitioners, in actions to report and recover taxpayer funds lost through Medicare fraud.
- Assisted a large health system in identifying, reporting and returning overpayments to federal healthcare programs
- Assisted a large health system in responding to a subpoena for documents and assessing issues under the federal Anti-Kickback Statute
- Represented a physician practice in developing its compliance program and providing billing and coding advice relating to specific services
- Represented several physicians in negotiating contracts and responding to government audits
- Represented multiple whistleblowers in qui tam litigation under the False Claims Act in matters involving the Anti-Kickback Statute, clinical lab billing, exclusion, the Stark Law, medical necessity, Medicare Part B, the Medicare Part D Prescription Drug Benefit Program, and other federal healthcare programs